Vale loves our little children and offers age-appropriate programming for our little ones as they grow.
Vacation Bible School
Each summer, Vale hosts a vacation bible school for children in the community ages 4-rising 6th graders. This summer we will be hosting our “Come to the Table” VBS the week of July 26-30th from 9:30-11:30 am.
We are committed to:
- Providing a safe space by meeting outdoors for the majority of our event
- Mask wearing for all participants – even the vaccinated ones, so no one feels different
- Providing clean water bottles to all participants with water at each station
Children’s Sunday School
Sunday School for all ages will begin again in the fall at 10am.
Nursery care is available during the 11 AM services for children under 3.
All children are welcome to join us in the Fellowship Hall during our 11 am worship service in the Children’s Corner, where we provide age-appropriate activities that help the children engage in worship alongside us.
Preschool at Vale
Vale provides a preschool program for children ages 3 and 4. Preschool is held on Tuesday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. For more on our pre- program, please visit Vale Preschool, or email Preschool Director Susan Ricci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vale supports both Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
- Boy Scouts: Vale United Methodist is the chartering organization for Boy Scout Troop 1983 and Cub Scout Pack 1530. As the chartering organization, Vale UMC is responsible for approving adult leadership and providing the appropriate facilities for meetings and storage of equipment necessary to conduct a rigorous and safe scouting program. The scouting program at Vale UMC has been in continuous operation since 1983 and consistently earns the Quality Unit Award from the National Capital Area Council. We are very proud of the more than 60 Scouts that have earned their rank with Troop 1983 and the many hundreds of Webelos who have earned their Arrow of Light as well as all the Scouts and Cub Scouts who have done or are doing their best to achieve these ranks. Vale UMC is a place where boys of all religious backgrounds are welcome to participate in the BSA program. If interested in learning more, just follow the links to the Troop 1983 or Pack 1530 websites.
- Girl Scouts: Vale offers its space to several Girl Scout Troop in the area. To learn more about Girl Scouts and find a troop, please visit Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital at http://www.gscnc.org.